Friday, July 10, 2009

Good Night, Dear Hayley

It is with great sadness that I write of my Hayley's passing. This gentle little flower was surrendered to the shelter at the age of 9 because her owner couldn't deal with the accidents caused by Lasix (a diuretic used to treat her heart condition).


What an angel Hayley turned out to be! My late Hazel welcomed her with open paws and Hayley subsequently did the same for each Bullyhaven newcomer. She was especially adept in calming the hospice dogs and making them feel immediately at home. The picture below shows her hanging out with late hospice girl, Ursula.

Although Hayley's been in heart failure for the past 1.5 years, it was cancer that finally took her away from us. Her buddy Chico (a min pin x chihuahua) underwent hip surgery yesterday and had a chance to say goodbye to her at the same hospital. He was there to help her peacefully slip away.

Sleep tight, sweet girl. I miss you so much and keep thinking that if I leave your meds on the counter and freshen up your bed, I'd see you walking in from your beloved garden spot. Thank you for almost 3 years of constant sunshine and love.

7 comments:

Martine said...

Sugar and I are sorry to learn of Hayley's passing. We are so happy that you were able to share the last 3 years with her. Loosing a beloved pet is one of the most difficult things.

martine & sugar

Anonymous said...

We can't express into words how much we grieve with you Suzi.
We hope the wonderful memories you have, will be the happiness Hayley leaves in your hearts for all eternity!
I'm sure you know, Hayley's in good company now and will be surrounded by many friends
until the circle brings us all back together with them again one day.
Blessings to you, for always making sure these rescue bullies get so much love and the best of everything while they share their time on earth with us.

((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))

Kiska's Proud Momma

Anonymous said...

Heartfelt condolences...few words are adequate at this time, but know that she is now running and happy across the Bridge....

Mega Hugs from.....
Terry and the Bully Gang

Anonymous said...

Suz, I'm so sorry.. Your post made me cry, makes me remember how much it hurts. You have all those great memories and you know what a great place she had with you.
a great big hug to you.

andi

Capones mom said...

Dear Suzi-
You may not remember me,I spoke to you a few months ago looking to adopt from your rescue. I am from the Yuba city area and had come across your website. Although we didn't have any success in adding to our family from your rescue-I still love to see whats new and happening at the rescue. I was so sad to hear about your little Hayley and just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss! Just remember Haley is never more than a rainbow away...
Shannon K.

Anonymous said...

our thoughts are with you and your family over your loss. hayley had a great 3 years with you! any living things couldn't ask for anything more...he was loved to the end.
Willy's mom

Anonymous said...

Just sending you more hugs and positive thoughts!
Hoping your tears will become smiles from the love Hayley leaves with you always!

Big Bully Hugs,
Kiska's Proud Momma